There are many different kinds of Modules. Custom modules, some that are associated with Components, menus, or some that are custom programs for Joomla.
- Custom module - A photo, or announcing a special event.
- Components - You might have a calendar of events component and associated with it is a module for Upcoming Events
- All menus must be in a module so you can tell it where to be displayed
- Custom programs - Full moon, weather, login, most read, etc
Create a new module
- Make sure you have all your articles in a menu
- Go to Extensions > Module Manager
- Click on new to create a module, as you will see, there are many choices for creating modules. Choose Custom HTML
- Now it looks just like an article in the Article Manager. Add your custom content.
- Choose a module position in accordance with your template map
- Make sure the module is Published
How to controll what pages the modules are on
- Click on menu assignment
- Choose what pages you want the module on by check marking the menu items.
In the image below, we wanted the Our Honey module only on the Our Honey page.